With many different jurisdictions and land management agencies here in Mono County, we have provided a list of all the necessary permits you may need for your project. Whether you are filming on county owned land, CalTrans roads or USFS land, the permit process differs for each. Below is a PDF file of the contact information for each agency and who you should speak with in order to obtain the necessary permit. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 760-924-1743.


If you plan to film on county property or on a county owned and operated road, you will need to fill out the following application and contact Jay Sloane, County Administrative Office via email at or by phone at (760) 932-5408.


If you intend to film on private land and have made arrangements with the property owner, we ask that you please fill out this free permission letter and return to the county. This is for documentation purposes only.


If you have any questions or concerns about the application process or filming, please contact:  Alicia Vennos, Mono County Tourism & Film Commission/ Mono County Film Commissioner via email at or by phone at (760) 924-1743.

Translate »